
Hello All,
I wanted to share memories of my fantastic 20th birthday night (July 8th) with my blog readers. For weeks, my best friend and I had been wondering what to do to make this night an enjoyable and memorable one. We wanted to visit some lounges + clubs in NYC but most only catered to the 21+ crowd. I've always felt that being 20 is the most awkward age because you're not old enough to enjoy the bars, but too old to do anything juvenile. Anyway, to make a long story short, we decided to go to this club in the city that was letting in 19+ for "Ladies Night".
My friend & I dressed up like, well like we were going to a club (I admit, my skirt was pretty short, especially at the back), and as soon as we stepped foot in the city we felt uncomfortable. Everyone was staring at us. Too many men were making passes at us. It was just unwelcomed attention and we felt out of place. After getting some food, we made our way to the club and that uncomfortable feeling was subdued by the sight of some females wearing scandalous outfits. We basically danced from 10:30pm-4:30am, and were SO pleased that the DJ played Caribbean music, which we enjoy dancing to best (the pic above shows me dancing before the club got packed). There are 3 floors in the building where different genres of music were played. I stupidly gave too many guys my number (6). I was on that "Single Girl Swagg" mentality and figured hey, i'm just doing me. There was one guy in particular who stood out from all the others though. Rather than coming behind me, forcing a dance, he tapped my shoulder instead, and talked to me right there on the dance floor. Then, I voluntarily gave him a dance & my number. It didn't hurt that he was sexy either. We spoke a couple times after that night, both via text and phone call. Haven't talked to him in a couple of days though. But it's not like I was expecting anything from a guy who I met at the club o.O
Anyway, I won't go into detail, but we met a lot of people on our way there and back. One of these included an ex con who was arrested for dealing drugs. He met us on the train and actually missed his stop just to accompany us on our journey home. It wasn't as scary as you're thinking, lol. We eventually made it home at 7:30am, bought breakfast, and knocked out in the bed, lol. All in all, I had a GREAT 20th birthday!
5 comments:
LMAO, Don, you crazy. She was getting it in though! I aint mad at her.
I won't make the mistake of giving out my number to so many guys again. I will be more picky. I just don't know how to turn them down when they are so persistent. You know how you were during your clubbing days, Don. All over a chick for her number...or maybe you were the type who didn't even have to ask cuz you smooth like that ;)
lol at the ex con, my face was like 8-0, but anyway it's cool you had fun and that club sounds like Webstar. I know that place way too well, being under 21 in the city I had no choice.
LOL, yesss! your options are so limited when u are under 21 :-/ and the ex con has kept in touch, ha..he actually seems pretty cool.
Post a Comment