-->

11 February 2010

Behind The Scenes of "We Are The World Video" Remake

In an effort to help rebuild the country of Haiti after the devastating 7.0 earthquake, today's musical artists including Pink, Akon, Lil Wayne, and Justin Beiber have come together to perform the remake of the 1985 "We Are The World" song. I love this song and the 1985 behind the scenes footage, so I was thrilled when I heard that some of the artists that I listen to today are adding their touch to it, for a good cause. Michael would be so proud. It will premier tomorrow night during the opening of the Olympics. Peep the video below.


Read more here
Watch the 1985 footage here

3 comments:

Don said...

When I first saw the video I was kinda taken aback once it arrived at the rappers. Now don't get me wrong I love hip hop music, it's in my spirit. BUT, [insert laughter], this particular song is HISTORIC in its own right. So did it really need the autotune?

I'm just saying.

The montage of MJ and his sister Janet was golden. Good effort, overall.

Good to see Celine Dion and Mary J. up in this piece, as well as some others.

Nell said...

lol, it had it's good, as well as bad parts. I liked Wyclef singing creole. Lil Wayne was totally random though.

Don said...

Lil Wayne was totally random though.


Yep. LOL!