I heard it! She debuted it exclusively on her facebook page on Monday, and I hurried over there, expecting 30 second clips. I was TOO excited when I realized that instead, the entire length of the songs are available! If I had to describe this album in one world, it would be: BEAUTIFUL. From the intro, you can tell that the songs are going to be powerful with profound lyrics:
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud, was more painful than the risk it took to boom. This is the element of freedom.The intro is followed by "Love is Blind", which is one of my favorite songs off the album. The lyrics provoke thoughts about Love and it's tendency to make one dismiss inappropriate actions by the one they love, when they are in so deep. Her voice is clear and flawless in this song, as she sings with so much SOOOOOOUL!
I also love "Wait till you see my smile". The beat and instruments used in the song definitely add to it's excellence. However, what I enjoy most about it is the lyrics. My favorite line:
"So you doing better now, everybody comes around, but you don't really need them cause you're stronger and you're better and you're ready for whatever, saying wait till you see my smile..."
My other favorites are "Unthinkable" and "Love is like the Sea". The album could have done without "Put it in a love song" by Beyonce though, lol. They are both great artists but in my opinion, this song does not do the duet justice.
I also love how she refers to the title of the album "The Element of Freedom" by frequently mentioning flying away, escaping, etc. I can't wait to purchase this album when it hits stores on the 15th. Definitely worth every penny. If you can't wait till the 15th, go listen on her fb page! With all that said, EXCELLENT album. But I expected nothing less from A. Keys....

2 comments:
I love Alicia Keys! That's my wifey right there, lol :-)
nyce blog!
dont forget to follow me baq.,
much love..
..mochasista..
*brown is beautifuL*
[http://mochasista.blogspot.com]
Post a Comment