-->

04 January 2011

Your Home, Your Peaceful Domain

Home is where you look forward to unwinding after a long, hard day. When life outside of those four walls get hectic, you imagine yourself at peace in your home partaking in activity that you find calming, or doing nothing at all. It is the ideal environment for rejuvenation.

This becomes a challenge however, when you share your castle with others. Living with people whose lifestyle differs from your own can definitely interfere with the peace you seek at home. They might constantly stimulate your major pet peeves, making it hard for you to fully enjoy your sanctuary. Consequently, you might find your relationship with that person strained as you continuously bicker with them regarding their annoying habits.  I suppose this is where compromise comes in. If you share your space with someone whose friendship, partnership, etc you truly care about, you must give & take in order to protect that relationship. Many couples, before getting married decide to move in together to "test the waters". Although my mother has always condemned cohabitation by unmarried couples, I can see why people decide to do this- unless the relationship is strong enough to survive household annoyances.

They say that you really don't know someone until you start living with them. I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. From experience.