I believe that aside from being busy with school, another reason why I had abandoned my blog for a while is because I really just don't know what I feel comfortable positing anymore.If you've explored my blog, then you know that I post a little bit of everything; from fashion, to art, to my personal life. Posting about my personal life allows me to vent or rant in a way that I'm unable to with a friend. When I'm expressing how I feel to a friend, they might unintentionally base their perception of the situation off things that they already know about me. Also, I might leave a few things out because I'm worried about them thinking differently of me, or if it's not one of my best friends I'm talking to, I'd be worried that they'll go tell my business.Blogging about personal things allows me to express how I feel without having to worry about these things. But I wonder-how much is too much? I admit that I now feel quite vulnerable with my business so easily available on the internet for anyone to see. No one who knows me in real life knows the address to my blog. No one. I just worry about someone who knows me personally stumbling upon it some day.
I now find myself wondering what to do with this blog. Should I continue posting a little bit of everything or cut off posts about my personal life completely? But then-I'd be robbing my followers who like reading the personal posts...
2 comments:
I think you should write whenever you feel inspired to. I had the same dellima...where I felt like I was sharing to much as well...but sometimes you just feel inspired to share and fortunately with blogger you discover that so many other people can relate. Never know, your experiences could very well help someone else.
it's absolutely amazing...and quite comforting that so many people can relate to some of the things that i go through. i make that discovery by reading their blogs. and i appreciate those posts from them. so i suppose it's only right to leave posts of this sort on mine as well :)
Post a Comment