-->

10 February 2010

Valentine's Day?

Hey Lovies,
I'm sitting on my bed, nibbling on a turkey sandwich, the sound from the TV actually quite soothing in the background. It's competing with my mother's singing voice traveling from the kitchen however, which  is not as soothing, lol. I'm not sure how many inches of snow is currently on the ground outside, and I must say that times like these when I'm snowed in due to inclement weather conditions is the most relaxing. All I need right now is a long, invigorating shower; my favorite place to unwind. There's something about the noise the water makes as it hits the bathtub, the fragrance of my favorite body wash filling my nostrils, and the cleaning of my naked body that puts me in a place of contemplation, inaccessible to troubles, worries, and conflict. I figured now is the perfect time for a new blog post as I have nothing of priority to attend to right now.

             Valentine's Day. Ahhh yes, the impetus to my most lonely moments. Subjected to the sight of couples in love walking in front of me, their hands clutched tightly together. Girls at school showing off all sorts of red gifts, with the symbolic "heart" revealing that they are token of affection from their sweethearts. Listening to my friends gush about all the romantic events they have planned for the day & night, while all I plan to do is turn on the TV and sulk. Oh yes, I remember all too well. Mind you, I would be asked to be someone's Valentine, but it just wasn't the same. There wasn't that "connection". I didn't feel the need to express any sort of romantic feelings, or lack there of. There wasn't that special someone. As I grew older though, I decided not to let it bother me. It's only one stupid day right? So I'd try my best to make it through the day [...]

       Yesterday, I found myself spending 20 minutes in the card aisle of the store, eager to pick out the PERFECT Valentine's card that will tell him just how I feel, without saying too much. I finally found it and felt some sort of achievement, as I re-read the words written in the FIRST Valentine's card I've ever bought for a guy. Just then, he called me and a smile instantly formed across my lips. He has that effect on me. Needless to say, for the first time in my life, I have an official Valentine. And it feels right. It feels just right. This guy, who I invited into my home last Thursday and introduced to my mother and surprisingly gained her approval, is the one. The one whom I want to make my first official boyfriend. Like I told you in a previous post, he's waiting for me to say that I'm ready to take it to that level. And I am. I'm planning on doing it on VDay. See, under the message written in the card, I'm going to write
One More Thing.......
Will You Be My Boyfriend?
[] Yes [] No
      ^ Pick this one!

Corny? I don't care, lol. I actually thought of the idea when I remembered how when a kid likes another kid, he will write on a piece of paper, do you like me? Yes or No..Circle One lol. He won't see it coming. And why not make it official on the holiday of love? I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to Sunday :-) I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

milla said...

milladream.blogspot.com