I believe that in some way or another, we are all being affected by this tragedy. My soul cries when I reflect on all the hardships that my fellow Caribbean people have been subjected to for years. It's unfortunate that though most of us were already aware of the country's struggles, it had to take something so heartbreaking to get our attention. The truth is, they've needed our help all along. You know, this disaster has really forced be to look within and genuinely want to change my ungrateful ways. I believe this is my biggest flaw. I tend to be ungrateful at times when it comes to being unsatisfied with the things I have. Sometimes I'll frown at something that my mother prepares for dinner and refuse to eat it, when so many Haitians would be more than relieved to munch on a slice of bread. We have it so much easier than we think.
Ever since I watched Alicia Keys in Africa: Journey to the Motherland, which I posted about here, I've wanted to save the world. It breaks my heart to know how much other PEOPLE are suffering worldwide. Conversely, I must say that my heart is smiling upon seeing how much aid people have decided to offer the nation of Haiti. Please keep praying for them.
4 comments:
it's devastating what's going on now. Im not sure where if or how you can shit the clothes. perhaps just ask your salavation army or similar organization.
girl when ur mum cooks u better eat in silence mad and be she bothered lol
i can so relate to not wanting to eat what your mom cooks lol which is ungrateful..but i think were all human..we just act like that because of how we are raised and the country we live in is fortunate compared to most
The truth is, they've needed our help all along.
It's strange how so many people had no idea of this.
I am so tired of arguing with people and reading about what Pat Robertson said and watching Wyclef Jean defend his charities, you just don't know. I'd rather everyone come together for the good of humanity and just do what they know in their heart is the right thing to do.
@Bombchell--> girl i'm going to try. but my mom is a health freak. sometimes i want some calories on my food, haha. but if i don't like what she cooks, i just prepare my own meal.
@Jazz --> yes, i do believe that justifies it.
@Don --> I didn't even bother to read about the whole Wyclef accusation deal. The man is trying to do something that will benefit Haiti immensely in its recovery, and instead of commending him, people are being ignorant. And don't even get me started on Pat Robinson..unfortunately, its Christians like him who turn people away from the religion. It's even sadder that some people are going to judge the entire Christian community based on one foolish individual.
Post a Comment