"You're a virgin? wow, that's really hard to find these days"
That's the response I usually receive from a guy.
Or...
"So would you let me take it?"
This one is common too, only less frequent than the first.
The latter always upsets me. Obviously your recent discovery of my sexual status highlights the fact that you still have a lot to learn about me . Why would I let a guy who barely knows anything about me...my mind, my feelings & who I hardly know anything about, "take it"? Yes, it means that much to me, because it's a piece of my being that I can never get back, and carries significant consequences. Either the guy is highly egotistical, very ignorant, nonchalant about the matter, or simply does not place a high value on sex. I perceive it as more than just a physically pleasurable experience. To me, it's a union that connects two people emotionally, as well as physically. It's a mutual understanding, a deeper way to express your feelings for each other. So why fool, would I let you "take it"? That response is such a turn off & guarantees that you won't "take it".
Although I'm in no hurry to lose it, I sometimes I feel like it acts as a barrier towards advancing my relationships with guys. Most of them I meet are usually pleased to hear that I'm a virgin. I used to think that it was a turn off, as it means that I'm inexperienced (Sometimes, it still is). Now, they commend me for it. Apparently, for the wrong reasons. I think it's because they want the title of "my first" for ego purposes. When I realize that a guy and I are developing feelings for each other, and/or we've gotten physical, I let him know "Look man, this is how it is and well, I don't know when I'm going to be ready..." & he says "It's okay. We don't have to have sexyet" Bullshit.
It's really hard to find a guy these days who is willing to wait for me. Truth is, I have to be reasonable and acknowledge the fact that if he's been sexually active for a while, it's going to be difficult for him to suppress that need. Unfortunately, his needs, impatience or frustration usually results in my heartbreak...
Although I'm in no hurry to lose it, I sometimes I feel like it acts as a barrier towards advancing my relationships with guys. Most of them I meet are usually pleased to hear that I'm a virgin. I used to think that it was a turn off, as it means that I'm inexperienced (Sometimes, it still is). Now, they commend me for it. Apparently, for the wrong reasons. I think it's because they want the title of "my first" for ego purposes. When I realize that a guy and I are developing feelings for each other, and/or we've gotten physical, I let him know "Look man, this is how it is and well, I don't know when I'm going to be ready..." & he says "It's okay. We don't have to have sex
It's really hard to find a guy these days who is willing to wait for me. Truth is, I have to be reasonable and acknowledge the fact that if he's been sexually active for a while, it's going to be difficult for him to suppress that need. Unfortunately, his needs, impatience or frustration usually results in my heartbreak...
7 comments:
Heyyy!!!
Cool blog! I love the layout. It's really cool :-) Now, let's discuss this topic of virginity. From a male perspective, what you're saying is 100% true. Majority of dudes will say what you want to hear to get up in those panties. That's a fact. But there are dudes that will respect your decision and will love you for who you are. Although, they are limited...they are out there. You just have to be patient. In due time, you'll find the right dude. From a personal viewpoint, I like a girl that's a virgin b/c it shows that you have a sense of self worth and that you love yourself. I think that's sexy. Not to bash girls that aren't virgins but often times in today's society people tend to have sex for all the wrong reasons. They don't understand that sex is a bond shared between two people and that when you engage in it you in essence become part of that person. Anyways, I could go on and on b/c this is an interesting topic but great post! I look forward to reading more of your work. Anyways, have a wonderful day! Take care. Peace, Love, and God Bless. Muahhh!!!!
Sincerely,
Stephane 'thedoc' Elias
Check me out @ http://stephslifeofamedsetter.blogspot.com
WOW...so I suppose we DO relate!!! I'm 23 yrs old (haven't noticed your age yet), but yep...i'm a virgin too!! It's nice to know you cuz quite frankly i was wondering if us virgins were extinct??! lol...
glad you found my blog because now i have yours :)
@ Stephane- thanks for your reply, i really appreciate ur input. yeah i suppose there are a few loving guys left..unfortunately, i just end up meeting frogs rather than prince charmings. well-not to that extent. i understand that i gotta be patient and i'm trying to, but it gets really frustrating when different guys do the same thing. he charms me, promises me i can trust him and that he's not like the others- that we don't have to have sex for us to connect. and everything is fine and dandy at first, till hormones start buggin him like a mother rocker. nevertheless, i wont allow my frustration to make me settle for less than i deserve.
@Shandra- haha yeah girl, there are still some of us left. we still living and waiting, lol.
Great post.
I admit I too was shocked to hear that you hadn't experienced it, but I guess that's just a sign of these times. Nothing personal. I admire your stance.
Being older and knowing the little I know now ... I wish I could advise young men to exercise patience with a woman of your conviction 'cause it speaks of her/you being cream of the crop.
thanks, Don. & that's quite flattering. but i guess they figure why wait for me, when they can go out n get it from some other girl effortlessly? dude is gonna have to be reallyyyyy interested in me to wait, lol.
Hey!
I'm proud of yu and i think you should stick it out until you are ready. Its worth the wait believe you me..people will talk and all but deep inside they really admire you..
and there are men out there who will wait, they will struggle but wait for you coz they want to protect your purity and they know you are worth it..
Love this place!
thank you, Tricia =]
Post a Comment