-->

03 August 2009

3 Powerful Relationships

Listening to: Smooth Criminal- Michael Jackson

So it's 2:54 am here. Well, you will see that below this post, but I thought I'd add it for emphasis. Anyway, yeah, its pretty early and I should be sleeping since I'm up doing nothing but I have a lot on my mind and I can't sleep anyway. I'm thinking about romantic, friendship, and family relationships since these 3 are the ones that affect us the most in life. Okay, let's go.

Romantic: I have never been in a serious relationship. So I've never had a boyfriend. I'm 19 btw. I've had flings where it kinda felt like it was a relationship, but the commitment has never been there. I've been hurt many times by different guys. I know what you're thinking-how can someone who is not my boyfriend hurt me? Well, it is very possible, my dear. When you open up enough so someone can get to know you on a level higher than friendship, when they put it in your mind that this is going somewhere, just to tear everything you've shared apart. Not only am I scared to get hurt by being in a romantic relationship, I'm also scared that I will be one of those people who are blinded by love. You know, I like/love the person so much that I let them get away with grimy stuff too easily. I've had friends like that. I tried to show them their worth, show them that this person isn't right for them..all the signs are there. But they refuse to take heed because they are so in love/like. I value my common sense and I don't want that to go out the window just because someone swept me off my feet.




Friendship: Oh boy. Okay, let's just say that I don't call just anyone my friend. I have many many acquaintances. I have few friends. I've been been betrayed before by friends whom I'd considered close to me. Ever since then, I've realized that this is a word I shouldn't take too lightly. According to my trusty pal, dictionary.com, a friend is "a person whom one knows, likes, and trusts." Do I trust everyone who I know and like? Hell no. When you trust someone, you give them the power to heal you or hurt you. Their choice.

Family: Everything is pretty peachy with my family. I'm close to both sides. Both my mom, and dad. I've come to realize that other than the love of God, the love of family is the best kind there is. This is a group where you should always feel loved & secure. Family should be the first people you go to for support. Unfortunately, if your family is dysfunctional or judgmental, they're probably the last people you want to go to. But deep down I feel like everyone yearns for the love and support of family the most because these are the people they are blood related to - where they should belong. If you have loving family, appreciate them. If you don't, make peace or if you're lucky, you can find a replacement.

Choose your relationships wisely.

1 comment:

Keith said...

This is a wonderful post. I really like your blog. Have a great day.